The Hypopressive Method is a special breathing technique performed in a series of positions that is specifically designed to strengthen the pelvic floor and core muscles. It is a safe way to exercise, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere.
Hypopressive exercises reduce intra-abdominal pressure and stimulate a reflex (involuntary) contraction of the pelvic floor and core muscles. Practicing Hypopressive exercises regularly has many benefits for the effective prevention and treatment of many common conditions.
What are the benefits of practicing Hypopressives?
Hypopressives can help to:
- increase abdominal & pelvic floor muscle tone
- prevent and treat incontinence
- prevent and treat pelvic organ prolapse
- treat hernias, including spinal disk hernias
- improve posture
- reduce back pain
- improve respiratory function for conditions like asthma
- increase explosive strength and anaerobic capacity
- raise metabolism
- improve sexual function & sensation
- strengthen the deep core muscles
Who can practice Hypopressives?
Almost anyone! You can’t practice it if you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart disease, a Hiatus Hernia or digestive problems like I.B.S. If you would like to know more about the Hypopressive Method contact me.
If you are part of a group – for instance a yoga class, the WI, the U3A, a women’s group etc. and would like me to come and talk about the Hypopressive Method, what it does, give a demonstration of the breathing technique and answer questions then please contact me.